WHAT KIND OF TOWN IS WESTWOOD, MA?
Westwood has remained one of the top choices for the discerning buyer in this area.
Westwood is an upper class town with million-dollar homes and a public school system that rivals many private schools.
#1 reason people buy here are the schools. Taxes are high, and sometimes people move out as soon as the kids go to college because of the tax rate.
Westwood borders places like Dover, among the wealthiest towns in the state, Dover has horse ranches and mega mansions – there are a lot of open spaces and forests and streams, just a few miles from Boston.
• Population of 15,000 about half of Needham and Dedham
• Ranks #18 of 194 best suburbs to raise a family in Massachusetts
• #7 of 344 public schools in Mass.
• Check out the ratings on Greatschools.org
Beautiful neighborhoods ranging from middle class to world class, newly renovated recreation facilities like a high school and middle school, complete with fitness center and pool open to the residents of Westwood for a small fee.
The Great Outdoors: Hale Reservation is 1,137 acres of reservation land -private non-profit educational organization- 20 miles of trails, and 4 ponds in Westwood and Dover, Massachusetts. Hale is best known for its youth summer camps, as well as its year-round educational programs.
SPORTS-TRAVEL-SHOP: The proximity to Gillette Stadium – the ample retail in nearby Dedham, as well as a newer development on University Ave- Westwood -the location of the local AMTRAK station with access to New York and Washington, DC.
• This town’s only drawback is its commuting challenges into Boston by car. There is a 2-lane road-Rte. 109 going through the center of Westwood heading to major highways and it’s packed at rush hour.
Airport: 30 min / 45 min
WESTWOOD -School Centered Community if you have children.
Shopping, hiking, daily chores, all just a short drive away
Here’s the facts-
• Median home prices $750K
• Median income $155,706
• Tax rate 14.51 home @ $750=907. Per month in property taxes ouch
• No nightlife
• Few restaurants
• A couple of shops around but no real center of town for shopping.
• Kids will want a car. No public transportation
• Great Senior Center with activities every day.
• Friendly People
• Was a Dry Town until 2005
• No liquor stores
• Known for the best ice cream stand “The Bubbling Brook”
• Surrounded by farms and beautiful towns.
Want the full market report for Westwood?
We want to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the best decisions when it comes to your home goals. When you enter your info below you will get instant access to the area's latest market report, complete with sales and demographic trends.
Schools In The Area
Local News & Advice
Read helpful resources and articles related to the area.
Why It's Important To Work With A Realtor
When purchasing or selling a property, it is always a good idea to work with a professional, especially …
Things You Shouldn't Do When Buying a Home
With a never ending list of everything you ‘should do’ when purchasing a home, it seems counterproductive to …
Should I Rent or Buy a Home?
Purchasing a home will inevitably be the biggest financial discussion of your life. And the decision as to …